Paws Thanks Sharon Welsch for Her Faithful Support

When John Marshall students created Paws for a Cause last year, they had no idea they would receive so much support from the community and one person in particular.  Sharon Welsch, a sales representative for Mary Kay, has been donating Mary Kay products to Paws since it started in 2014. Every couple of months, Welsch delivers a package brimming with make-up, lotions, and other goodies for John Marshall students in need. Welsch believes students should have the opportunity to feel and look their best and wants to help make that happen.

“I have been in the position of needing help, so I am passionate about being able to help others,” Welsch said. “My hope is that the items I donate help girls have what they need to feel special and a little pampered.  Ultimately, I hope that some of them are prompted to ‘pay it forward’ in their own lives—if not now, later.”

Welsch said she was moved to help Paws for a Cause because she liked the idea of students coming together to assist their classmates.  “I am proud of the students who step up to help their fellow students who are in need of it,” commented Welsch.

Paws, with the help of the John Marshall National Honor Society, is at it again, this time sponsoring a spring basket drive. During the Christmas season there are many opportunities for students to help those in need, but afterward, those opportunities begin to dwindle.  “This drive is a great way to keep the spirit of giving alive all year long,” said Marcie Robbins, English teacher and Paws adviser.  More than 30 first period classes have signed up to create a basket that will be given to a John Marshall student in need.

Paws Adviser, Mrs. Robbins (left), with Sharon Welsch, May Kay representative and strong Paws supporter.