February JM CTE Students of the Month

Kenny Arrick and Andrew Kettler have been selected as the Career & Technical Education Students of the Month at John Marshall High School for February.

Pictured from left: Drafting teacher Todd Morris and CTE Student of the Month Kenny Arrick.

Arrick is a senior in the Drafting program and is the son of Robert and Rebecca Arrick of Proctor. He is a member of the National Honor Society, National Technical Honor Society, Drafting Club and Engineering Club. Arrick enjoys hiking and is on the JM Archery team and JM Tennis team.

“I have learned all sorts of skills involving reading blueprints, general architecture and the engineering process,” Arrick explained. “All of the skills Mr. Morris taught me will help me move along faster than most in college.” He will attend West Virginia University.

Pictured from left: CTE Student of the Month Andrew Kettler and Home Mechanics teacher David Allender.

Kettler is a senior in the Home Mechanics program and is the son of Todd and Dawn Kettler of Moundsville. He is also in the JM CTE Welding program. Kettler enjoys working with his dad on his family’s farm and flipping houses.

“I believe Mr. Allender’s class has prepared me for eventually becoming a certified electrician,” said Kettler. “I’ve even gained knowledge about woodworking and plumbing.” After graduation, he will work toward becoming a certified welder and certified electrician.