May JM CTE Students of the Month

Pictured from left are the JMHS CTE Students of the Month: Jocelynne Wells and DJ Crow.

DJ Crow and Jocelynne Wells have been selected as the Career & Technical Education Students of the Month at John Marshall High School for May.

Pictured from left: Automotive Technology teacher Jared and CTE Student of the Month DJ Crow.

Crow is a senior in the Automotive Technology program and is the son of Donald Crow of Moundsville. He enjoys riding ATVs and hanging out with family and friends. He plans to work in the Coal Mining industry.

“CTE and Mr. Ulrich have helped me a lot,” explained Crow. “Not only have I learned how to work on and maintain cars, but I now have something to fall back on if coal mining doesn’t work out. I can get employed at a local garage as a mechanic.”

Pictured from left: CTE Student of the Month Jocelynne Wells and Machine Tool teacher Terry Whitlatch.

Wells is a senior in the Machine Tool program and is the daughter of Michelle Wells of Moundsville. She is a member of FFA and plays lacrosse. Outside of school, Wells serves as a Special Olympics and Marshall County Special Needs Summer School peer tutor. She will continue working as a machinist at Lion Industries, LLC in Bellaire.

“Mr. Whitlatch taught me problem-solving skills,” said Wells. “I can use that the rest of my life.”