November JM CTE Students of the Month

Pictured from left are the JMHS CTE Students of the Month: Kailee Love and Lance Riley.

Kailee Love and Lance Riley have been selected as the Career & Technical Education Students of the Month at John Marshall High School for November.

Love is a senior in the Grow Your Own Education program and is the daughter of Melissa Love. She is a member of the Marshall County 4-H Goat and Rabbit Club and the Marshall County Livestock Club.

By being a CTE student, Love has been able to gain valuable experience in the teaching field. “The Grow Your Own Education program has allowed me to go into local classrooms and work with Marshall County students,” Love said. “I’ve also earned college credits, which is very helpful.” She plans to be a student at West Virginia Northern Community College to work toward obtaining a degree in Elementary Education.

Riley is a senior in the Therapeutic Services program, also known as Monarch Medical, and is the son of Luke Riley and Sabrina Wise. He has served as president of the school’s HOSA- Future Health Professionals organization. Riley is also a student advisor and is president of the Apache 4-H Club.  “Monarch Medical has given me the opportunity to get several certifications, including CPR, Stop the Bleed and OSHA-10 for healthcare workers,” Riley explained. “In addition, I’m a certified Patient Care Technician. By the time I graduate high school, I will have earned 13 college credits as an early entrance student at West Virginia Northern Community College.” He will attend West Virginia University to become an Anesthesiologist.